As part of our new blog to be featured on our website and our Facebook page, we would like to talk about our wonderful vendors as they a very important part of our event business. We provide our clients with a preferred vendors list of people we recommend.
RiverCrest’s preferred vendor list is very exclusive and only those who we consider to be the very best in their industry make the cut. Some of the requirements are:
- They have worked with us or our clients several times and have a spotless reputation.
- Their quality of work and customer service is superior to that of your peers
Most of all thank you to our vendors for your hard work and dedication!
Our April 2017 Partner of the Month is: Connie & Rob Lawson, Sweet Ashley’s Fine Handmade Chocolate
- What inspired you to become a Chocolatier? As a child I always had a love for chocolate. On a field trip to a chocolate factory when I was 9 years old after watching the process I was convinced that I knew how to make chocolate. At the end of the tour while they gave us a bag of chocolate covered pretzels, I told the owner of the factory that I could make chocolate, she handed me a block of chocolate and told me to go make my own. Some people can play the piano without being taught, I can make chocolate. Fast forward 22 years later and a well-established Christmas tradition of giving chocolate baskets for holiday gifts; we had the means to purchase “real” gifts for our family, but little did I know how much they looked forward to the chocolate and how disappointing the “real” gifts were. Inspired by our family, we opened the store one year later and we have remained on Main Street for the past 11 years.
- How long have you been in business? We opened our retail store just over 11 years ago but we officially named and started the business 17 years ago.
- What would you serve guests at your wedding? We would serve the peppermint patties as they are a great treat and also serve as an excellent after dinner mint.
- What is a fun fact that people should know about you? I discovered way too late in life that I am a dog lover. We have rescued 3 and if my husband agreed I would rescue more.
- Give me the best advice for newlyweds? Marriage is a little bit of work. Look past the minor differences in opinions and be open to forgiveness. Agreeing on everything is not realistic but accepting your spouse’s opinion is important.
- What is your favorite chocolate (from your shop) and why? Our favorite treat is the Schuylkill Mud. Salty, crunchy, and sweet all in one. It has become our signature product (which we trademarked) with a fun name.
- Please provide your complete business name, name, address, phone number, website, social media handles:
Sweet Ashley’s Chocolate, 343 Main Street Royersford PA 19468
Comments are closed.